- I was grateful for the opportunity to model and coach in a classroom during small group and workstations.
- I was astonished at the Lindamood Bell strategies being utilized in a classroom during small group and workstations. In addition the students in this classroom were engaged in workstation activities with progressions. One example: Sight Word Game
- I was confident in writing a new Lindamood Bell lesson plan for a group of 1st and 2nd graders, whose LB intervention time reduced to 45 minutes since their MOY DIBELS scores showed exceptional growth. The students were able to fluently read CCVCC words and Reading in Context Level A. The students will now be learning about multi-syllabic words, continuing work on sight words, and increasing their Reading in Context to Level B.
- I was able to leave my car parked at Harrison all day on Tuesday and I used a spoon to eat my lunch! In the past my lunch consisted of finger foods such as mini carrots, blueberries, and grape tomatoes so I could eat on the go while driving.
Week of 1/8-1/12
This week I visited several classrooms during small group instruction! It was a pleasure to learn from your instruction! I saw students independently completing workstation activities, teachers using engagement strategies: choral reading, CLOZE reading, and partner reading, and teachers using targeted focus boards during small group instruction.
Cassie and I updated the 3rd grade Lindamood Bell schedule. In addition I worked on revising the ART schedule for all 1st-3rd Lindamood Bell groups.
Friday I will be out of the building from 7:30-9:00 and 11:00-2:00 for a LB Data meeting at Washington and my weekly LT90X and Lindamood Bell meetings.
Looking Ahead: Week of 1/15-1/22
Next week I will continue to visit more classrooms during small group instruction. In addition I will write new lesson plans (pace) several Lindamood Bell groups.
During grade level PLCs in January we will review the DIBELS growth goals we set at the beginning of the year to determine if we are making adequate progress. We will identify the minimum number of students in each grade level that need to improve to make adequate progress by the end of the year.
During the LB PLC on Wednesday we will refine our instruction and error-handling for Reading in Context. Reading in Context is introduced when students are ready to apply their decoding skills in a reading passage. This task is typically introduced after students have stabilized CCVCC words and developed a sight word base. Yet it can be introduced earlier using decodable CVC stories.
Next Thursday Brenda Nardo will be visiting Harrison. We will only be visiting a few classrooms for a longer period of time. This will support myself and the administrators in understanding reading instruction (whole group and small group) at various grade levels. It is an ideal opportunity for me to learn coaching techniques from Brenda.
Next Friday I will be investing time in myself! I will be attending the Empower Your Oils: Sacred Rebel Retreat for three days! It will be a time to reflect and set intentions to up-level my life! One year ago I participated in a similar retreat and it was life-changing! I am EXCITED for this opportunity!
- Monday, January 15th, 5th Grade PLC, 7:00-7:30, Conference Rm.
- Tuesday, January 16th, 1st Grade PLC, 10:15-10:45, Conference Rm.
- Wednesday, January 17th, LB PLC, 2:00-2:45, Title One Rm.
- Thursday, January 18th, Brenda Nardo Visit
- Thursday, January 18th, SLT Meeting, 3:10-4:10, Conference Rm.
- Friday, January 19th, Jess out all day
- Monday, January 22nd, Kindergarten PLC, 7:00-7:30
- Wednesday, January 24th, 3rd Grade PLC, 3:15-3:45, Conference Rm.
- Monday-Friday, January 22-26, Chris Mayberry (Lindamood Bell) Visit to Canon City
- Monday, January 29th, 2nd Grade PLC, 7:00-7:30, Conference Rm.
- Tuesday, January 30th, 4th Grade PLC, 7:00-7:30, Conference Rm.
- Wednesday, January 31st, K-5 PLC, 3:15-3:45, Library